Need to print a copy? Download the DNAP application checklist.
1. Complete your application
You can begin your application on the Apply Now page. If it’s your first time using the system, you need to create a username and password.
You'll need to have the following information available:
- Education history
- Employment history
- License and certification information
- Names of references
You don't have to complete it all in one visit - the system allows you to save your work.
Application Deadline: Feb. 1, 2015
2. Submit Your Personal Statement
Reply to the following prompts:
- Describe what knowledge/skills you expect to receive from the DNAP program. Please identify if you plan on pursuing either the education focus or the management focus courses and how you see this knowledge benefiting your current practice or future goals.
- Please comment on the following statement: “The accrediting arm of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing desires that all advanced practice nurses possess a practice doctorate degree or better for entry into practice by 2015. The American Association of Nurse Anesthetists supports the practice doctorate degree for entry into practice by 2025.”
- This will be your initial introduction to the admissions committee and gives you the opportunity to show why you would be a good fit for the program.
- Your responses should be no more than 500 words each.
- Submit your essay as a Word document or PDF attachment to email@example.com.
3. Submit your other required documents
- Official transcripts for all college coursework
- Current C.V. that includes education and work experience
All documents should be submitted to:
Texas Wesleyan University
Graduate Programs of Nurse Anesthesia
1201 Wesleyan St.
Fort Worth, TX 76105-1536
4. Get your letters of recommendation
Download the DNAP letter of recommendation form
You’ll need three recommendations, one from each of the following categories:
- Academic Instructor
All letters of recommendation should be submitted to the address in Step 3.
5. Pay your application fee