The Smart Board Certification training plan ensures faculty members at Texas Wesleyan University have the technical skills and pedagogical background to successfully integrate Smart Board technologies into their teaching practices. The Smart Board initiative established by the Title III grant has been successful in incrementally expanding the availability of this technology in the classrooms. Approximately 50% of classrooms on the historic campus have Smart Boards installed as part of the standard for classroom technology. As a result, Texas Wesleyan faculty members need the opportunity to hone their skills with this cuttingedge technology.
Faculty members are responsible for completing the following steps in order to obtain certification at Texas Wesleyan University:
1. Attend Smart Board Hands-On Training and provide feedback via the anonymous survey tool on Hands-On Training.
2. Practice skills learned in training.
3. Demonstrate skill mastery according to the Smart Board Assessment Rubric
to an Instructional Technologist.
4. Complete a Lesson Plan Integration Template for at least one lesson.
5. An Instructional Technologist or the Provost’s designated appointee must then review and approve the Lesson Plan before the faculty member submits the approved Lesson Plan document to the Provost’s Office.
6. Provide feedback via the anonymous survey tool on the effectiveness of the certification process and its impact on daily instruction.