1. Complete your application and pay your fee
This one's easy. You can get started on your application using the login below.
- June 15: Fall semester (or early decision for spring semester)
- Oct. 15: Spring semester (or early decision for summer semester)
- April 15: Summer semester (or early decision for fall semester)
You'll also need to pay your $53 application fee. You can pay you $53 application fee online. The fee is not refundable.
2. Turn in your transcripts
We need to see a transcript from every college or university you've ever attended. Sounds like a chore, right? Don't worry, you can now do this online at many schools. All transcripts should be submitted to:
Texas Wesleyan University
ATTN: Office of Graduate Admissions
1201 Wesleyan St.
Fort Worth, Texas 76105
3. Get three letters of recommendation
We require three letters of recommendation from former professors, supervisors or employers. Make sure to give them plenty of time to complete the form and turn it in. The letter of recommendation form should be turned into the Graduate Admissions office at the address listed in step number two.
4. Submit a current resume
Just like applying for a job, we would like to take a look at your professional qualifications. If you are an educator, you may submit a curriculum vitae. Your resume should be turned into the Graduate Admissions office, or you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Get a criminal background check
You need to contact the Tarrant County District Office and request a criminal — not civil — background check.
Here's how that process works:
- Write a letter with your complete name (including maiden name, if applicable) and date of birth
- Request that the background check be mailed directly to the address listed in step number two
- Include a $5 fee payment in form of a money order made out to the Criminal District Court Tarrant County
- Mail the request to:
Criminal District Court
Criminal Background Check
401 W. Belknap St.
Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Contact the office of criminal background checks at 817-884-1342 with any questions
6. Take the GRE and send us your scores
If you don't meet our GPA requirements, you'll need to take the GRE test and send the scores to us. You can send your scores to as many as four institutions, and you can do this when you take the exam.
7. Write an essay
Your essay needs to be a minimum of two pages, double-spaced and answer the question, "Describe your strengths and purpose for pursuing a Master’s degree."
8. Schedule an interview
We want to get an idea if you will be a good fit for our program, so if you meet our requirements, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
2013 - 2014 Interview Dates
October 25, 2013
April 25, 2014
June 27, 2014