Complete a Form DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application as soon as possible. Most consulates allow individuals to apply for F-1 visas up to 120 days prior to the program start date listed on Page 1 of your I-20. Print and bring the barcode page to your visa interview. The online visa application additionally requires the digital upload of one formatted photo. We recommend you use a professional photo service to ensure your photos meet all requirements.
Next, visit the U.S. embassies website to research additional instructions specific for your country. Student visa applicants, with few exceptions, must schedule an interview appointment and pay the visa application processing fee online. Print out and bring a copy of your visa application processing fee receipt to your visa interview.
Please schedule an interview appointment for your student visa as soon as possible.
Required documents for your visa interview:
- Form I-20 from Texas Wesleyan University.
- Fee receipt for the $200 SEVIS fee.
- Current evidence of financial ability to meet Texas Wesleyan University's costs of attendance. Total monetary amount of financial statements must equal or exceed the amount listed in item 7 of your Form I-20 in U.S. dollars. Financial and sponsor statements should not be more than 30 days old. Examples of financial statements include:
- Official bank statements
- Certificates of deposit
- Earnings statements
- Tax records
- Letter of sponsorship from by a corporation or other entity
- Evidence of English ability. Bring your TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Evidence of intent to depart the United States after completion of studies. Have a clear plan. Describe why, where, and what you plan to study in the U.S.
- Passport from your home country valid for at least six months.
- Printed barcode page from a completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
- Completed Form DS-157 Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application (PDF), if you are male between the ages of 16 and 45.
- Completed Form DS-158 Contact History and Work History (PDF)
- Two 2”x 2” photographs in the prescribed format.
- Printed receipt of visa processing fee payment.
- Any other documents required by your local U.S. embassy.
Please note that the issuance of U.S. visas takes time and may require several trips to the U.S. embassy or consulate. Therefore, begin this as soon as you can!
If you need any help at any time, please email OneWorld@txwes.edu.
Apply to Texas Wesleyan University and secure admission for your chosen start semester.
- Request transfer of your SEVIS record to Texas Wesleyan University [SEVIS code: DAL214F00021000. ] from the institution you are currently attending PRIOR to the start of classes.
- Report to the Texas Wesleyan University campus by the date indicated in your acceptance materials.
Students requesting a reinstatement to F-1 status should contact the office directly at email@example.com.
Students in all other non-immigrant visa categories will be contacted by the office of international programs if any additional information is required regarding their visa status. Otherwise, students should report on time to the International Student Orientation at the Texas Wesleyan University campus.