The power of music is indescribable – a great musician can articulate words, emotions and images with a single note. A life filled with music is made immeasurably better by its presence. The Department of Music builds your technical skills, equips you for success as a performer or educator and readies you to pursue graduate studies or professional opportunities.
- Public and Private Education
- The Music Business
- Teaching Private Lessons
- As a Professional Musician
- Private instrument or voice classes
- Theory, history and literature classes
- Ensemble classes
- Perform in ensembles or as a soloist at university-wide events
- Perform at the President’s Honors Concert
- Travel to and perform in locations around the world -- like China!
- Join music societies like Sigma Alpha Iota
- Join band/instrumental societies like Kappa Kappa Psi
- Perform in off-campus events
- Professional musicians: Across the country
- Company members: Casa Manana in Fort Worth
- Graduate schools: Texas Woman’s University, SMU and Hartt School of Music
- Teaching: Nolan Catholic High School, Burleson ISD, Fort Worth ISD, Duncanville ISD and Lake Worth Christian School, private lessons
B.M., with All-Level Certification
What you need to apply
You'll need to audition for the music faculty. Contact Adrian Bumgarner at email@example.com
or call her at 817-531-4922 to schedule an audition.
The department has performance-based scholarships available. Contact Adrian Bumgarner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 817-531-4922.