Smaller. Smarter. Promise Scholarship
The Smaller. Smarter. Promise is a program for students who transfer to Texas Wesleyan from a regionally accredited college or university with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average and 42 credit hours.
The award covers 100 percent of tuition, excluding fees, for students who meet all of the requirements.
When you apply for admission, you automatically apply for the scholarship.
When is the deadline?
- For Fall 2014: July 1, 2014
- For Spring 2015: Jan. 9, 2015
How do I qualify?
By the deadlines:
- Apply and be admitted to Texas Wesleyan
- Submit the FAFSA and all other financial aid forms to the Office of Financial Aid (our FAFSA code is 003645)
You also need to:
- Be eligible for the full amount of Federal Pell Grant (zero Estimated Family Contribution)
- Transfer at least 42 hours from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- Be a first-time Texas Wesleyan student
- Enroll at Texas Wesleyan full time (12-18 hours each semester)
- Maintain a 3.0 overall grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) each semester
You're not eligible if...
- You're completing a second bachelor's degree
- You're in the graduate portion of a 5-year dual degree program
- You receive veterans benefits or waivers
The Smaller. Smarter. Promise award is valid until the student graduates from Texas Wesleyan as long as he/she maintains full eligibility for the Federal Pell grants, enrolls full time and maintains a 3.0 overall grade point average.
The award is a combination of grants, including the Federal Pell Grant and all other federal, state and institutional scholarships and grants, to pay 100 percent of the cost of tuition for the fall and spring terms. It will replace all other previously awarded aid.
Students should contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at (817) 531-4422 for information concerning the admission application process.