| Position Type:
||IT Business Services
| Reports To:
||Associate CIO and IT Business Services Director (Brigitte Mudukuti)
| FLSA Status:
Click here for how to apply
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for the performance of the applications support group.
- Plans and manages the day-to-day activities of the application support team.
- Coordinates and supervises all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of the organization's applications support and analysis function.
- Assigns tasks and coordinates application development activities.
- Field tier-three technical requests and resolve issues for all ERP-associated applications.
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support the organization's application systems.
- Support ERP and other SQL database associated/connected applications and interfaces.
- Work with Software-as-a-Service providers and vendors to ensure user needs are met and technical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with application users to define and document application systems requirements.
- Consult with application users to identify current operating procedures and processes.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate application systems and user needs.
- Work with Manager to develop problem statements and modification/enhancement specifications and to formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
- Translate problem statements and specifications into programming languages.
- Code computer programs using T-SQL, Ellucian’s ERP Colleague Envision toolkit, Colleague Studio, and/or other ERP-associated tools.
- Create Dashboards and other Business Intelligence items using SSAS, Sharepoint 2010, BIDS and SQL Server Data Tools.
- Develop program module test procedures, generate required test data files, and execute testing procedures.
- Revise existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary to reduce operating problems, expedite processing, and maximize systems efficiency.
- Prepare system and programming documentation for users and other programmers/analyst in accordance with internal and external standards.
- Write queries using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Provide analysis of data/information for routine and special reports.
- Identify, develop, test, and deploy new functionality to enhance the IT capabilities of the institution.
- Provides user training on the administrative system and use of common business applications; direct requests for higher-level or domain-specific training to preferred external providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises employees responsible for applications support and programming. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the University's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 5+ years systems analysis and programming experience required. Candidates possessing an Associate’s degree and 10+ years of experience may be considered. Ellucian’s ERP Colleague or Benefactor support experience or previous administrative support in higher education is preferred. Two years’ experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Database Development and Maintenance and MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development certifications highly desirable. EDUCAUSE Institute Management Program completion certificate or equivalent a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data processing, systems analysis, and office automation.
- Sound knowledge of programming methods and procedures, documentation procedures, program flow charts, and operator instructions.
- Ability to understand and work with complex database systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages including Ellucian’s ERP Colleague Envision Toolkit, Colleague Studio and T-SQL.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing fundamentals.
- Ability to create BI Dashboards and Reports from SSAS and other databases using BIDS, Sharepoint 2010 and SQL Server Data Tools.
- Ability to use ODBC to query data in central database systems with current desktop software (MS Office & Crystal Reports).
- Knowledge of SQL Server, SSIS and SSRS.
- Great attention to detail with an eye towards accuracy.
- Ability to listen actively and demonstrate understanding of others’ perspectives.
- Ability to welcome and acknowledge the diverse ideas and input of others.
- Ability to collaborate with others by maintaining a respectful, open-minded approach.
- Ability to help others when needed and contribute productively to team goals.
- Ability to recognize and acknowledge the value of others’ contributions.
- Ability to seek opportunities to develop your own skills and engage in continuous learning.
- Ability to provide honest, helpful feedback and guidance where appropriate to enhance others’ skill development.
- Ability to share your own experience and expertise with others.
- Ability to treat every individual with dignity, fairness, and respect.
- Ability to demonstrate consistency between what is said and what is done.
- Ability to earn the respect of others by continually delivering on promises and commitments.
- Ability to accurately convey the facts without bias.
- Ability to do the right thing and confront and report unethical behavior.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and office atmosphere.
- Strong organizational & time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to provide individual and group-based seminar/workshop hardware/software training.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to follow standard office practices and procedures.
- Ability to follow University and departmental office procedures/policies.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential matters.
- Ability to work well under stressful conditions.
- Ability to work in teams and lead multidisciplinary members.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to move about and between campuses freely, including all offices and classroom areas.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Evening/weekend hours as required.
To apply for an open faculty or staff position please send a current resume and a cover letter indicating position desired to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Office of Human Resources, Texas Wesleyan University, 1201 Wesleyan, Fort Worth, TX 76105.