| Position Type:
| Reports To:
||Institutional Research Director (Sherri Caraballo)
| FLSA Status:
Click here for how to apply
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage the technology required for effective operations within IR, as well, data extraction, compiling, computing and reporting.
- Work closely with the Director in all aspects of office work including creating external reports for the state (THECB’s) and federally (IPEDS), National Student Clearing House (NSC), other required reports and surveys, as well as a variety of internal reports across campus such as enrollment, admissions, graduation projections and analysis, along with the varied, special projects for the provost and support for special projects.
- Assist the director with data quality control functions and work with a variety of campus constituencies, internal/external, to ensure continued data integrity and quality.
- Manage the state reporting process to insure that data submission requirements and reporting deadlines are met.
- Manage Admissions and Enrollment reporting functions based on Enrollment Management and Marketing Strategic Initiatives.
- Assist in completion of the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), in-house reports and program review
- Gather data from campus community and peer schools for completion of University profiles and annual Fact Book
- Assist in processing institutional data which includes collecting and analyzing data, preparing reports, and disseminating information
- Serve as quality control resource to ensure continued data integrity and quality
- Provide training for staff increasing knowledge on the uses of technology
- Serves on various committees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred in a field related to the functions of Institutional Research (i.e., mathematics, statistics, computer science, business, etc.). Minimum 2 years database management experience preferred, including data maintenance, storage, retrieval, analysis and reporting. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to effectively communicate data, technology and programming needs to appropriate offices on campus including Information Technology. Proficiency in the use of data based software applications, SQL and especially Excel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to work independently in the most efficient manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and office atmosphere.
- Ability to plan, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks.
- Proficient use of multi-line phone system and standard office equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate and provide quality customer service.
- Great attention to detail with an eye toward accuracy.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Proven interpersonal skills to provide support in a high-profile office with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to review and edit webpages.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of constituencies
- Must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- The ability to effectively explain data both in writing and verbally is essential.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational and project management skills to effectively prioritize and achieve deadlines on multiple projects
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team environment.
- A strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Candidate must possess strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify and evaluate problems, and devise timely and effective solutions.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to read and analyze data
- Strong knowledge of and/or experience with SPSS, SAS or equivalent statistical software is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Student Information Systems such as Colleague by Ellucian
- Experience with data extraction tools such as SQL Server Management
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and to work cooperatively and productively in a highly active setting. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, students and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved write or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabil
To apply for an open faculty or staff position please send a current resume and a cover letter indicating position desired to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Office of Human Resources, Texas Wesleyan University, 1201 Wesleyan, Fort Worth, TX 76105.