Monday, November 26, 2012
The Content Producers of The Rambler, www.therambler.org and Rambler TV are responsible for maintaining at least two beats and proposing story ideas from his/her beats.
||Student Assistant or Work Study
Click here for how to apply
The Content Producers of The Rambler, www.therambler.org and Rambler TV are responsible for maintaining at least two beats and proposing story ideas from his/her beats. The Content Producer will produce at least three stories per week for all Rambler-related entities, including packages for online and YouTube presentation. Content Producers should provide consistent and accurate coverage of Texas Wesleyan and Texas Wesleyan-related events. Content Producers must be familiar with The Rambler policies manual and statement of ethical behavior in student media.
Specific duties include:
• Produce at least three publishable assignments each week in text, video, slideshow, podcast, interactive graphic, interactive map or other media mode based on appropriateness for each story
• Meet deadlines
• Generate and communicate to Editor in Chief, Faculty Advisor and Faculty Liaison newsworthy story ideas on a weekly basis during budget meetings
• Maintain contact and good rapport with sources from beats
• Conduct interviews and research to ensure balanced, complete, fair and accurate stories
• Provide a complete list of all sources, including contact information, for quality control purposes
• Make revisions to edited stories in a timely fashion for same day turnaround
• Attend regularly scheduled meetings for all staff, including training sessions
• Seek individual help or training when problems arise
• Maintain Rambler equipment to ensure proper functioning, availability and cleanliness
• Keep up with email, phone messages and campus mail with next day turnaround
• Post to Rambler social media as needed
• Practice basics of convergent journalism through The Rambler, www.therambler.org and Rambler TV so that appropriate story is filed with appropriate media outlet
• Adhere to all Rambler social media policies
• Other duties as assigned, including rotating Editor-in-Chief possibility for print edition
Flexible schedule based on coverage needs.