Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Assists members of residence halls.
Click here for how to apply
1. Attend all training workshops and scheduled staff meetings.
2. Enforce all University and Housing policies and procedures.
3. Report situations that may jeopardize the safety of the residence hall to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
4. Keep assigned work area clean.
5. Monitor all individuals entering a residence hall to ensure that only residents and their guests are permitted in the building.
6. Maintain order and appropriate behavior in the lobby.
7. Arrive at least five minutes early to discuss instructions with the person you are relieving and to be briefed on shift change duties when the residence halls open.
8. Never leave the desk unattended and stay at the desk until relieved of duties from the next scheduled Desk Assistant.
9. Be accountable to any Housing staff member that makes reasonable requests of Desk Assistant.
10. Respond appropriately to any job-related requests by residence hall staff, and complete duties as assigned.
A Desk Assistant must be a student at Texas Wesleyan University, have at least at a 2.00 cumulative GPA, be in good judicial standing, be able to effectively communicate with others, and be able to prepare legible, complete, and concise reports.