The auditorium wing of this building was built in 1909 for Polytechnic Methodist Church. It was designed by Sanguinet and Staats, a firm who designed many commercial buildings in Fort Worth. Ownership of the building was transferred to Texas Woman’s College in 1923 when the congregation moved into a new building located at the northwest corner of Avenue E and Wesleyan Street (now a parking lot), next to Dan Waggoner Hall. A $35,000 gift from Mrs. Ann Waggoner financed construction of the north wing and it was named after her. The Fine Arts auditorium was renovated in 1965 with a donation from Otho C. and Elizabeth Means Armstrong. The whole complex was renovated again in 2001-2002. The Fine Arts Auditorium was renamed Nicholas Martin Hall in honor of Nicholas Martin, husband of trustee Louella Baker Martin.