Rosedale Renaissance Project Nearing its Fundraising Goal
Fundraising for the $6.5 million Rosedale Renaissance is well on its way, with only $750,700 needed to complete the capital campaign and successfully meet the J.E. & L.E. Mabee Foundation commitment, which pledged a $500,000 challenge grant. That challenge means an additional $750,700 needs to be raised by Oct. 1 for the University to receive the Mabee Foundation funding.
Are you talking about the Rosedale Renaissance? Add #TxWesVision to your Instagram, Twitter and Facebook posts to share your thoughts and photos.
President Frederick G. Slabach said he is pleased with the progress of the fundraising campaign and shares in everyone’s excitement about this project.
“The Rosedale Renaissance is truly going to transform the Poly area of East Fort Worth. From the new entryway for our campus to the public art that will be installed nearby, these aesthetic improvements are helping to revitalize our community and our campus,” he said.
“It is gratifying to see so much support from foundations as well as our trustees, alumni, and friends,” Slabach said.
The project includes pedestrian friendly street improvements, a new campus entryway, plaza and clock tower, a business incubator, and a new 15,000 square foot building for the Central Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church, all at the front door to the university.
Below are the details of what has been raised as of June 1.
Total Funding To Date: $5,749,300
- $1,800,000 Sustainable Development Grant from the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG)
- $400,000 U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Economic Development Grant
- $1,000,000 United Methodist Church Central Texas Conference
- $500,000 J.E. & L.E. Mabee Foundation challenge grant
- $250,000 Amon G. Carter Foundation
- $250,000 Moody Foundation
- $250,000 Sid W. Richardson Foundation
- $100,000 JPMorgan Trust Dept./Bryce Fund
- $100,000 Ryan Foundation
- $1,099,300 48 Individual Gifts/Pledges from trustees, alumni and friends
Be a part of the future
Would you like to part of this exciting project? There’s still time. Contact Joan Canty, vice president for advancement, at 817-531-4411 or email@example.com.