Faculty advisors needed for upcoming freshman advising
It's that time again — academic advising is under way, and the Freshman Advising Center is requesting faculty volunteers. We understand this is a busy time of the semester for all, and appreciate every hour volunteered.
- Freshman advising for spring 2015 runs Oct. 27 - Nov. 7.
- Freshman students can start making advising appointments in the Freshman Advising Center beginning Oct. 20.
- Advising appointments are scheduled in 30 minute increments starting on Oct. 27.
How Can Faculty Advisors Help?
- At your earliest convenience, please contact Amber Procter-Willman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any available days and times.
- Appointments last for thirty minutes - please send availability in whole or half hours only.
New to Advising?
If you are new to advising at Wesleyan, this is a great way to get more experience advising students. Freshman Advising will provide advising guides and “First Year Plans” for each major, making advising freshmen a wonderful learning opportunity for new faculty advisors.
Amanda Novak, Director of Advising, will be hosting several Advising 101 Sessions in the coming weeks. These sessions are not only for new advisors, but are great for any faculty who want a refresher in GEC requirements, deciphering the degree audit and understanding the freshman advising process.
|Tuesday, Oct. 14, 12:15 p.m.||Library Orientation Room|
|Tuesday, Oct. 21, 12:15 p.m.||Location TBA|
|Wednesday, Oct. 22, 3 p.m.||CETL|
|Thursday, Oct. 23, 12:15 p.m.||Location TBA|
|Friday, Oct. 24, 1 p.m.||CETL|
Freshman Advising Appointments
Freshman, registration for spring 2017 is right around the corner. Don't wait until the last minute to get advised. We will send out the link to your email on March 7. You will be able to make the appointment by using your phone, tablet and iPad. Advising will start March 21 and will end on April 11.
If you have a transcript hold or financial, you will not be able to register until it is cleared. We have a list of who has a hold, and would be happy to look it up for you!
Registration will be held in the Academic Advising area in the library on April 12. We will begin at 3:30 p.m. and will register until 6:30 p.m. Make sure you have your schedule card in hand for registration.