Five tips for math success from the ASC
"I am not good at math."
"I'm just not a math person."
"I will never learn math."
These are just a few of the statements we hear when a student comes to the Academic Success Center searching for math assistance. Math seems to always be a struggle for students. The ASC tutors can assist students in beginning algebra through Calculus II.
Five tips for math success from the ASC:
- Read what the instructor will be lecturing on before you go to class.
- Make sure you understand the concepts by working example problems.
- Do the homework whether it is graded or not.
- Keep up with the work; you cannot cram for math. It is like a sport. It must be practiced to increase ability and confidence.
- Always check your answers and look for careless mistakes. Careless mistakes add up and can be costly to your grade.
Do not hesitate in getting help. The longer you wait to get assistance, the further behind you will become. Come by the ASC to schedule an appointment with a math tutor.