Are you tired of always coming up with the wrong answer in your math class?
Here are tips to help you find the right answers in your math class.
- Look over the material before you go to class. By doing pre-work, you can get a head start on any questions you may have.
- Understand the concepts. Try teaching it to a friend who is not in your class. Make up problems and work thru them.
- Practice, Practice, Practice! Once you understand the concepts, the best way to remember the concept is by practicing.
- Always do all of your homework even if it is not graded. It helps build your skills. Skills in math, like in sports, must be practiced.
- The most important thing is to get help right away. The longer you wait, the more lost and confused you will become.
Tutoring for most math courses at Wesleyan is available in the Academic Success Center. Come by and meet one of our math tutors.