The Rambler recognized at Texas Intercollegiate Press Association Awards
The Rambler and staff received 19 awards for journalistic excellence at the 2014 Texas Intercollegiate Press Association’s three-day convention.
The 106th annual convention was held in San Antonio at El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel, and hosted 47 colleges and universities.
At the convention, students had the opportunity to participate in 22 live contests, more than 30 workshops and a one-on-one critique from a media professional.
Advised by Texas Wesleyan’s Dr. Kay Colley (faculty media liaison) and Bo Carter (student media adviser), The Rambler continues to strive for excellence while serving students, faculty and staff with quality print, online and televised news, events and entertainment.
The Rambler's 2013 Texas Intercollegiate Press Association Awards:
- First Place Best Interactive Graphic Online – Tabitha Buentello
- First Place Information Graphic – Tabitha Buentello
- Third Place Best Breaking News Package Online – Victoria Slaten, Ryan Grounds, Ryan Ellison
- Third Place Best Interactivity Online – Staff
- Third Place Best Online Audio Slideshow Online – Jessica Lopez
- Third Place Best Blog Online – Tristian Evans
- Third Place Critical Review – Alejandra Garcia
- Third Place News Non-Feature Story Television – Rambler TV Staff
- Third Place Overall Excellence – The Rambler
- Third Place Page One Design – Rolandra West
- Third Place Sports Column – Emma Fradette
- Ad Design – Sara Popovic, Belma Humic, Ryan Ellison
- Best Web Site Navigation Online – Rambler Staff
- Headline – Rolandra West
- News Feature Story Television – Tika Cook
- Picture Story – Erica Estrada
- Special Section/Edition Newspaper – Staff MCO 3321
- Sports News Story – Emma Fradette
- Sports Feature Story – Victoria Slaten