Welcome to Theatre Wesleyan! See what production is playing right now and how to buy tickets through our external vendor.
Directed By: Joe Allen Brown
Date: February 13-22, 2020
Venue: Thad Smotherman Theatre, 1205 Binkley Street, Fort Worth, TX, 76105
About: It was a simpler time in the late 1940s, especially in South Georgia and specifically in a sleepy little town called Second Samuel. What had been called the Great Depression was quickly fading into memory. The war had been won, the election was now over, and "Give 'em Hell Harry" was still president. It had been an exciting time for sure, but the folks in Second Samuel were ready for things to settle down and get back to normal. Except—this was the summer Miss Gertrude passed away, and deep dark secrets were about to be revealed. Nobody could have imagined how the death of one sweet little old lady would turn the entire town upside down, leaving everybody in Second Samuel wondering if anything would ever be normal again!
Questions? Call the Box Office at 817-531-4211 or email us at email@example.com.
Get Social! Like Us on Facebook for photos, updates, discounts, and more!
- Thursday, February 13 at 7:30 p.m. – Opening Night
- Friday, February 14 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 16 at 2:00 p.m. – Matinee
- Thursday, February 20 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 22 at 7:30 p.m. – Closing Performance
Please Note: There will only be one matinee performance.
The cast includes Texas Wesleyan University students, many with previous onstage and backstage theatre experience in the DFW area, all pursuing a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre. The cast includes six upperclassmen and five current freshmen: Darin Michael Martin (B Flat), Logan Underhill (Frisky), Kristian Thomas (U.S.), Brian Johnson (Mansel), Douglas Fournier (Mr. Mozel), Leia Murray (Omaha), Hope Allison (Jimmy Deeanne), Nicole Davis (Ruby), Robyn Bradley (Marcela), Jonathan Burt (Doc) and Nathan Tobey (June).
The creative team, also consisting of Texas Wesleyan University students and faculty, includes Joe Allen Brown (director and scenic design). Sabrina Alegria (stage manager), Reagan Fraze (asst. scenic design), Ryan Simón (sound design), Skylar Peters (costume design), Hope Allison (asst. costume design), Malik Offor (props design), Jeanne Everton (dialect coach), Tristen Brown (asst. dialect coach/asst. sound design) and Lauren Garza (graphic design).
Through the Texas Wesleyan Theatre Experience Fund (STEF) you can get free tickets to Theatre Wesleyan productions. All you need is your student ID. This organization is a joint partnership with the Student Government Association (SGA) and Theatre Wesleyan.
How do I get my ticket?
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Present your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "GENERAL - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code SGA at checkout. You will receive a "receipt" via email.
- Pick up your ticket at Will Call on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show at the Thad Smotherman Theatre.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced student ticket.
Buy your ticket to Theatre Wesleyan's next production today. The ticket prices vary depending on the show and the person. We sell tickets for general admission, students, faculty and staff and seniors (65+). Check the individual production page for ticket pricing or visit our ticketing website.