By Noah Haidle
Thad Smotherman Theatre
1205 Binkley Street
Fort Worth, Texas
Magical realism collides with manic vaudeville in a family drama unlike any you’ve ever seen. Fetuses swap philosophy while awaiting their birth, a daughter eats dirt and doesn’t speak, a father is about to drive away and never return, and there’s an apple tree growing through the walls of the house. Whipping from astonishing tenderness to profound humor and back again, Smokefall explores the lives of a family in a lyrical treatise on the fragility of life and the power of love.
“…A deeply moving family drama [and] a very fine new American play… plays like this are rare and precious to an actor. [Noah Haidle] demonstrably has skin in the game instead of just stitching together a really clever ball, because there is compassion for ordinary people in the audience.” — Chicago Tribune
Presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc.
- Thursday, Feb. 14 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 15 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 16 at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 22 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 23 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 24 at 2 p.m. - Matinee Performance