SGA renews fund for free student tickets to theatre productions
The Student Government Association (SGA) has approved additional funding for the Student Theatrical Experience Fund, established in 2016. The fund allows Texas Wesleyan students to see the 2017-18 Theatre Wesleyan productions for free.
The Texas Wesleyan Student Theatrical Experience Fund (STEF), a joint partnership with the Student Government Association and Theatre Wesleyan, will be available to the students beginning with Blithe Spirit. This fund will be active through the online box office and at the Theatre Box Office during show weeks.
Free tickets for Theatre Wesleyan students will be available for all 2017-18 productions of Blithe Spirit, Important Hats of the Twentieth Century and the two musicals: Spring Awakening and Oklahoma!
The free tickets are only available for Texas Wesleyan University students. Students from other schools or universities may purchase a ticket at full price if they show their ID at the Box Office.
Establishing the Fund
The STEF allows students to be able to see Theatre Wesleyan productions at no cost to them. Service organizations for the performing arts, including the Theatre Development Fund (since 1968), which inspired The STEF, have allowed and enabled attendance of unique theatrical experiences for everyone, including students, at discounted rates.
"The Student Government Association is extremely excited to be collaborating with Theatre Wesleyan on this incredible opportunity to enhance the students' experience at Texas Wesleyan," Student Government Association President Zahraa Saheb said in an August 2016 interview when the fund was established. "I am very excited for the Student Government Association officers and Theatre Wesleyan for putting the students first."
"Student Government Association works for the betterment of our student body's overall experience," Saheb continues. "This is a great opportunity that we hope the students will greatly enjoy and benefit from this year."
Instructions on how to obtain your free student ticket
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Present your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "GENERAL - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code SGA at checkout. You will receive a "receipt" via email.
- Pick up your ticket at Will Call on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show at the Thad Smotherman Theatre.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced student ticket.