Theatre Wesleyan and SGA create Student Theatrical Experience Fund
The Student Government Association has approved a new fund to help Texas Wesleyan students experience the productions that are a part of Theatre Wesleyan's 2016-17 mainstage season.
The Texas Wesleyan Student Theatrical Experience Fund (STEF), a joint partnership with the Student Government Association and Theatre Wesleyan, will be available to the students beginning with When The Rain Stops Falling. This fund will be active through the online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office and soon in-person at the Theatre Wesleyan business office in Dan Waggoner Annex.
The STEF will allow students to be able to see Theatre Wesleyan productions at no cost to them. Service organizations for the performing arts, including the Theatre Development Fund (since 1968), which inspired The STEF, have allowed and enabled attendance of unique theatrical experiences for everyone, including students, at discounted rates.
"The Student Government Association is extremely excited to be collaborating with Theatre Wesleyan on this incredible opportunity to enhance the students' experience at Texas Wesleyan," Student Government Association President Zahraa Saheb said. "I am very excited for the Student Government Association officers and Theatre Wesleyan for putting the students first."
The STEF Tickets may be used for the remainder of Theatre Wesleyan's 2016-17 season which includes the upcoming productions of When The Rain Stops Falling (opening Sept. 22), Stop Kiss, Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike and Urinetown: The Musical.
"Student Government Association works for the betterment of our student body's overall experience," Saheb continues. "This is a great opportunity that we hope the students will greatly enjoy and benefit from this year."
Tickets purchased through The STEF are only available for Texas Wesleyan University students. Students from other schools or universities may purchase a ticket at the full price of $5.00 if they show their ID at the Box Office.
Instructions on how to obtain your free student ticket through The STEF:
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Visit our Check-In table in the Main Lobby to receive a STEF Card.
- Present the STEF Card and your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "General Seating - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code STEF at checkout.
- Pick up your ticket on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show at the Thad Smotherman Theatre.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced $5.00 student ticket.