Theatre major Bria Huckaby discusses 'The Hostage,' opening Nov. 1
Theatre major Bria Huckaby plays Meg Dillon in Theatre Wesleyan's upcoming production of The Hostage by Brendan Behan, opening on Thursday, Nov. 1.
This unique musical and theatrical experience tells the story of a man in the Irish Republican Army who is to be hanged, and a British soldier held hostage by a “band” of characters in a Dublin lodging house. This production contains some adult language, loud sound effects (including gunshots and explosions), as well as simulated smoking.
Your Classification: Senior
Describe your character in three words: Caring, Expressive, Dominate
Talk about learning an accent in the show: [I am using] an Irish accent. I love this particular accent the most out of all of the accents. They way the Irish speak has a musical-like quality to it.
Your favorite song in the show: I would have to say it’s a three-way tie between: "The Laughing Boy," "Easter Week," and "Here and Queer".
Why audiences will enjoy the show: The Hostage has a bit of everything. There's romance, music, and lots of laughs. You’ll love all of the characters; they're all very unique and extremely entertaining.
What’s your favorite line in the show?: "Never! She calls herself an Irishwoman, the silly b****." -Meg
Tickets are now available at the Theatre Wesleyan website. For more information regarding group ticket sales at a discounted rate, please contact the Box Office at 817-531-4211 or via email at email@example.com.
How do TXWES students get their free ticket?
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Present your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "GENERAL - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code SGA at checkout. You will receive a "receipt" via email.
- Pick up your ticket at Will Call on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced student ticket.