Theatre major Mariah Kuhn discusses 'The Hostage,' opening Nov. 1
Theatre major Mariah Kuhn plays Teresa in Theatre Wesleyan's upcoming production of The Hostage by Brendan Behan, opening on Thursday, Nov. 1.
This unique musical and theatrical experience tells the story of a man in the Irish Republican Army who is to be hanged, and a British soldier held hostage by a “band” of characters in a Dublin lodging house. This production contains some adult language, loud sound effects (including gunshots and explosions), as well as simulated smoking.
Your Classification: Senior
Describe your character in three words: Shy, Dreamy, Sweet
Talk about learning an accent in the show: Learning the Irish accent was fun and exciting because once you learn the sounds and lilt, you just play with it until it sounds right.
Your favorite song in the show: "If You Marry Me" because it's sweet and bouncy and fun!
Why audiences will enjoy the show: The show is fun, and exciting, and gut wrenching. It will have you laughing and crying all while swaying to a catchy tune.
What’s your favorite line in the show?: "We're all going to die, but not before Christmas we hope."
Tickets are now available at the Theatre Wesleyan website. For more information regarding group ticket sales at a discounted rate, please contact the Box Office at 817-531-4211 or via email at email@example.com.
How do TXWES students get their free ticket?
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Present your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "GENERAL - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code SGA at checkout. You will receive a "receipt" via email.
- Pick up your ticket at Will Call on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced student ticket.