Annual spring musical, 'OKLAHOMA!,' performs off-campus this weekend
Theatre Wesleyan celebrates the 75th Anniversary of the landmark Broadway musical with a lavish production at Fort Worth's Scott Theatre at 3505 West Lancaster.
Set in a Western Indian territory just after the turn of the century, the high-spirited rivalry between the local farmers and cowboys provides the colorful background against which Curly, a handsome cowboy, and Laurey, a winsome farm girl, play out their love story.
OKLAHOMA! is directed by Jeanne Everton, with musical direction by Michael Plantz, and choreography by Stephanie Locker-Hall. Th show will run for one-weekend-only beginning Thursday, April 19 through Sunday, April 22.
The show has a total runtime of 2 hours and 30 minutes (15-minute intermission included) and is suitable for audiences of all ages.
How to buy tickets
To buy tickets, call 817-531-4211 or visit the online box office. Through the Student Theatrical Experience Fund (STEF), all Texas Wesleyan students can go to the show for free. Take advantage of your opportunity for a little free entertainment and support your fellow Rams.
How do TXWES students get their free ticket?
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Present your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "GENERAL - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code SGA at checkout. You will receive a "receipt" via email.
- Pick up your ticket at Will Call on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show at the Thad Smotherman Theatre.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced student ticket.
Alumni Reunion Event Information
The annual Afterglow event will conclude Texas Wesleyan's Alumni Reunion weekend. Afterglow will be held at the Scott Theatre immediately following the Saturday, April 22 performance.
Interested alumni can register for all reunion events, including the Saturday, April 22 performance and Afterglow, by calling the Alumni Relations office at (817) 531-6548. Online registration information can be found on the Alumni Reunion webpage.