'Avenue Q' musical performs this weekend only; shows selling out
Theatre Wesleyan is excited to present their production of the Tony Award®-winning Broadway musical, AVENUE Q, for one-weekend-only beginning Thursday, April 25.
Performances will be held at the Thad Smotherman Theatre at Texas Wesleyan University (1205 Binkley Street, 76105) for one weekend only from Thursday, April 25 through Sunday, April 28, 2019. It is highly recommended that audience members purchase their tickets in advance as tickets are extremely limited.
For tickets, cast and crew information, and performance schedule, please visit www.txwes.edu/theatretickets.
Winner of the Tony "Triple Crown" for Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book, AVENUE Q is part flesh, part felt and packed with heart. Filled with gut-busting humor and a delightfully catchy score, not to mention puppets, AVENUE Q is a truly unique show that has quickly become a favorite for audiences everywhere. Although the show addresses humorous adult issues, it is inspired by the long-running TV series where big birds lived, monsters ate cookies and Bert & Ernie were "just friends." The show contains mild adult language and humor. This production will have an original puppet design, the second university production to do so since the musical premiered in 2003, according to original Broadway cast member Rick Lyon.
How to buy tickets
To buy tickets, call 817-531-4211 or visit the online box office. Through the Student Theatrical Experience Fund (STEF), all Texas Wesleyan students can go to the show for free. Take advantage of your opportunity for a little free entertainment and support your fellow Rams.
How do TXWES students get their free ticket?
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Present your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "GENERAL - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code SGA at checkout. You will receive a "receipt" via email.
- Pick up your ticket at Will Call on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show at the Thad Smotherman Theatre.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced student ticket.