Box office for 'Rain' now open, free tickets for Wesleyan students
Theatre Wesleyan is pleased to present the first production of the 2016-17 season When The Rain Stops Falling By Andrew Bovell.
It's raining. Gabriel York is awaiting the arrival of his grown son whom he hasn't seen since he was seven. "I know what he wants. He wants what all young men want from their fathers. He wants to know who he is. Where he comes from. Where he belongs. And for the life of me, I don't know what to tell him." That's the beginning of this compelling family saga that takes us back and forth in time from one generation to another, from 1959 to 2039, from London to Australia. With four generations of fathers and sons, their mothers, lovers and wives, the play is epic in its scope, yet at the same time extraordinarily intimate.
When The Rain Stops Falling will be directed by Theatre Department Chair, Bryan Stevenson, and will open on Sept.22 for a limited run of seven performances through Oct. 2. Click here to view the cast and production team.
The Texas Wesleyan Student Theatrical Experience Fund (STEF), a joint partnership with the Student Government Association and Theatre Wesleyan, will be available to students beginning with When The Rain Stops Falling. This fund will be active through the online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office and soon in-person at the Theatre Wesleyan business office in Dan Waggoner Annex.
The STEF will allow students to be able to see Theatre Wesleyan productions at no cost to them. Tickets purchased through the Student Theatrical Experience Fund are only available for Texas Wesleyan University students. Students from other schools or universities may purchase a ticket at the full price of $5.00 if they show their ID at the Box Office.
Instructions on how to obtain your free student ticket through The STEF:
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Details and instructions to be finalized.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "General Seating - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code STEF at checkout.
- Pick up your ticket on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show at the Thad Smotherman Theatre.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced $5 student ticket.