Don't miss Theatre Wesleyan's production of 'Rent,' April 23-26
Theatre Wesleyan is pleased to present the 61st annual musical, Rent, from April 23-26 in Texas Wesleyan University’s Thad Smotherman Theatre.
This latest addition to Wesleyan’s six-decade history of musical production is directed by Associate Professor of Theatre Jeanne Everton, with musical direction by Michael Plantz and choreography by Elise Lavallee.
In this musical, a group of New Yorkers struggle with their careers, love lives and the effects of the AIDS epidemic on their community. Mark, an aspiring filmmaker, and Roger, an HIV-positive musician, scramble for money to pay rent to their landlord and former roommate, Benny. Meanwhile, their friend Collins, a professor, has fallen for Angel, who is slowly dying of AIDS.
The cast includes:
- Carlos Brumfield (Tom Collins)
- Cameron Byerly (Roger Davis)
- Déja Chase (Maureen Johnson)
- Tyler Guse (Angel Dumott-Schunard)
- Colton Mallory (Benjamin Coffin III)
- Michelle Phillips (Joanne Jefferson)
- Jacob Sanchez (Mark Cohen)
- Kaila Saffle (Mimi Marquez).
The ensemble features:
- Aleksei Barrera
- Sortia Burnham
- Trey Cardona III
- Emily Gordon
- Travis Jones
- Jakeb Lowery
- Jacob Myers
- Eric Nuñez
- Akira Owens
- Rachel Ruiz
- Giselle Saucedo
- Jasmine West
The production staff includes:
- Bryan Stevenson (Scenic and Lighting Designer)
- Heather O’Donnell (Asst. Scenic Design, Properties Master)
- Brynn Bristol (Costume Designer)
- Chris Wilmer (Assistant Lighting Design)
- Colton Mallory (Master Electrician)
- Jorge Flores (Sound Engineer)
- Jacob Sanchez (Publicity Design).
Rent will run April 23-25 at 7:30 p.m. and April 25-26 at 2 p.m.
Tickets prices: $10-$25
Box Office: 817-531-4211
Tickets for the Saturday, April 25, evening performance are $25 and must be reserved through the Office of Advancement at 817-531-6548.
This production is rated R for sexual content, strong adult language, drug references and violence.