Theatre Wesleyan presents WWII drama 'The Survivor' Feb. 18-22
Theatre Wesleyan is pleased to announce the fourth production of the 2014-2015 season, "The Survivor," by Susan Nanus, based on the Memoirs of Jack Eisner, presented Feb. 18-22 in the Thad Smotherman Theatre.
Join us for this gripping drama that takes place in the Warsaw ghetto during World War II.
A group of determined teenagers organize to resist the Nazis. They begin by smuggling food into the ghetto. Eventually they form the nucleus of the Warsaw uprising.
These heroic young people make a pact: if anyone survives their dreadful ordeal, he or she will tell the story of what happened to them. There was only one survivor and this is the story he told.
Tickets and showtimes
Showtimes are Feb. 18-21 at 7:30 p.m., and Feb. 21 and 22 at 2 p.m. Our Box office will open Feb. 16 with hours from 1-5 p.m. To reserve tickets, call our box office at 817-531-4211.
Tickets prices for students with ID are $5, faculty and staff are $5 and general admissions are $10. The Thad Smotherman Theatre is located on the Texas Wesleyan Campus on the corner of Avenue E and Binkley Street.
The cast features:
- Cameron Byerly (Jacek)
- Travis Jones (Yankele)
- Jakeb Lowey (Lutek)
- Clarissa Murillo (Halina)
- Jacob Myers (Rudy)
- Kaila Saffle (Mala)
- Dean Phillips (Sevek)
- Crystal Salazar (Hela)
- Colton Mallory (Markowsky)
- Jacob Sanchez (Rubenstein)
- Aleksei Barerra (Franek)
The Production Team includes:
- Director — Bryan Stevenson,
- Assistant Director — Carlos Brumfield,
- Stage Manager — Kelsey Manuel,
- Scenic Design — Heather O’Donnell
- Costume Design — Kaila Saffle,
- Assistant Costume Design — Tyler Guse,
- Lighting Design — Chris Wilmer,
- Master Electrician — Colton Mallory,
- Sound Design — Jorge Flores,
- Properties Design — Jasmine West
- Assistant Properties Design — Jakeb Lowery
- Publicity Design — Madalyn Russell
- Dialect Coach — Jacob Sanchez
- Technical Direction — Jennye James
- Producer — Bryan Stevenson.