Free tickets for students; SGA renews theatre fund for third year
The Student Government Association (SGA) has approved renewed funding for the Student Theatrical Experience Fund (STEF). Established in 2016, STEF allows TXWES students to see the 2018-19 Theatre Wesleyan productions for free.
The STEF is a joint partnership with the Student Government Association and Theatre Wesleyan. Free admission begins with Tartuffe, opening Sept. 20, through the annual spring musical, Avenue Q, opening in April.
Service organizations for the performing arts, including the Theatre Development Fund (since 1968), which inspired the STEF, have allowed and enabled attendance of unique theatrical experiences for everyone, including students, at discounted rates.
Instructions on how to obtain your free student ticket
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Present your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "GENERAL - Students" (only one individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code SGA at checkout. You will receive a "receipt" via email.
- Pick up your ticket at Will Call on the day of the show, beginning one hour before the show at the Thad Smotherman Theatre.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced student ticket.