Theatre major Kristian Thomas discusses 'The Hostage,' opening Nov. 1
Theatre major Kristian Thomas plays Monsewer in Theatre Wesleyan's upcoming production of The Hostage by Brendan Behan, opening on Thursday, November 1.
This unique musical and theatrical experience tells the story of a man in the Irish Republican Army who is to be hanged, and a British soldier held hostage by a “band” of characters in a Dublin lodging house. This production contains some adult language, loud sound effects (including gunshots and explosions), as well as simulated smoking.
Your Classification: Sophomore
Describe Your Character In 3 Words: Insane Old Idiot
Talk About Learning An Accent in the Show: Learning an accent has been pretty difficult. It’s taken a lot of time getting the right pronunciations for words but it’s been a great experience.
Do You Play An Instrument in the Show: I will be playing the Irish bag pipes. Even though I won’t be playing well, learning the fingering positions and pumping mechanisms for the bag pipes has not been easy.
Your Favorite Song in the Show: My solo song, "The Captains and The Kings"
Why Audiences Will Enjoy The Show: The audience will enjoy the show because it is hilarious and the songs are very lively and fun to sing along to.
What’s Your Favorite Line In The Show?: "FINE BODY OF MEN."
Tickets are now available at the Theatre Wesleyan website. For more information regarding group ticket sales at a discounted rate, please contact the Box Office at 817-531-4211 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do TXWES students get their free ticket?
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Present your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "GENERAL - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code SGA at checkout. You will receive a "receipt" via email.
- Pick up your ticket at Will Call on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced student ticket.