Theatre presents 'The Hostage,' beginning Thursday, Nov. 1
Theatre Wesleyan continues the 2018/19 season with Brendan Behan's musical and theatrical play, The Hostage, beginning Thursday, Nov. 1.
This unique musical and theatrical experience tells the story of a man in the Irish Republican Army who is to be hanged, and a British soldier held hostage by a “band” of characters in a Dublin lodging house. This production contains some adult language, loud sound effects (including gunshots and explosions), as well as haze and onstage smoking.
The show will run for seven performances on select dates through Sunday, Nov. 11.
For tickets, cast and crew information, and performance schedule, please visit www.txwes.edu/theatretickets.
How to buy tickets
To buy tickets, call 817-531-4211 or visit the online box office. Through the Student Theatrical Experience Fund (STEF), all Texas Wesleyan students can go to the show for free. Take advantage of your opportunity for a little free entertainment and support your fellow Rams.
How do TXWES students get their free ticket?
In Person at the Theatre Wesleyan Box Office
- Present your Student ID to the Box Office Staff to redeem your free ticket.
Online Theatre Wesleyan Box Office Instructions
- Go to the Online Box Office website.
- Select the performance date you wish to attend.
- Select "GENERAL - Students" (Only 1 individual student ticket per order).
- Use the code SGA at checkout. You will receive a "receipt" via email.
- Pick up your ticket at Will Call on the day of the show, beginning one-hour before the show at the Thad Smotherman Theatre.
- Wesleyan students must present their ID to qualify for the free ticket, otherwise, they will be charged for a full-priced student ticket.