April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM)
The Texas Wesleyan University T9 Team encourages all students to participate in events to put an end to sexual violence.
Join these events sponsored by various campus organizations and clubs to help educate and empower students to put a stop to sexual violence, particularly on campus.
Wednesday, April 1 – Ribbon Day
- Wear your teal ribbon throughout the month to support SAAM. Ribbons are available in Student Life.
Tuesday, April 7 – Day of Action
- 11:30 am – 2 pm, Campus Mall - Offices & organizations will host tables with various information and activities
- 12:15 pm, President’s Proclamation
- Sole Survivor - Shoes are donated and displayed to represent the number of individuals that are sexually assaulted each year
April 12 - 18 – Anti-Street Harassment Week
- Lawn signs will be posted around campus that provide examples and where to report incidents of harassment.
Thursday, April 16 – University College Day
- View the full schedule at txwes.edu/ucd
Thursday, April 23 – SAAM Speaker Panel
- This open panel includes a police officer, a forensic nurse, and a representative from the Women’s Center discussing the issues of sexual assault and violence.
Wednesday, April 29 – Denim Day
- Wear denim to show your support that regardless of what one wears, they are not to be subjected to any form of harassment or violence.
Wednesday, April 29 – Walk a Mile in Their Shoes
- Participate in a march around the campus mall from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to stop rape, sexual violence and gender violence.
Events are open to everyone on campus — students, faculty and staff.
Like the Tx Wes T9 Team's Facebook page for updated details about this and many more events on campus for SAAM.