University College Day, April 20, 2016
Submission deadline for UCD 2016 is March 1. All presentations will be given on April 20.
Firefox browswer is recommended.
Students must have a faculty advisor who will help them refine their topic, review their proposal, assist with the submission and guide the development of their presentation.
If students are working as a group, one should be chosen as the "contact presenter." This is the student with whom the committee will correspond regarding the status of the proposal and the instructions. The committee will correspond with both the contact presenter and faculty advisor via email. Both the faculty advisor and the contact presenter are expected to communicate information to the other members of the group.
Propsal Submission Steps and Requirements:
- Secure faculty sponsor endorsement. Select the faculty member who will work with you and be your faculty sponsor for this proposal. This means that the faculty will have to approve your proposal before you post your submission.
- Develop a proposal for your presentation.
- Give your presentation a title. Capitalize the first letter of all substantial words in the title.
- Write an abstract for your presentation (600 word limit) and two to three objectives.
- Before submitting the proposal, gather the names, email addresses and phone numbers for all presenters. Enter the information in the appropriate text boxes. Use the "+" buttons to enter additional student presenters or to select additional faculty advisors.
- Select the appropriate group and presentation type.
- All rooms will have Internet, a computer and projector. You can make any special requests that exceed this equipment.
- Submit your proposal online by March 1, 2016. Early submissions are strongly encouraged and supported.
Please make accurate and complete entries. If you find the need to make changes, please email Dr.Cary Adkinson and include 'UCD' in the subject line.
Additional Submission Information:
- Questions and information on the day of the event will be available at a centrally located information booth.
- The poster area will only offer a table space for a free-standing, trifold-style poster, 36" H x 48" W.
- UCD committee will review proposals and notify the authors of submissions and their faculty sponsors via email.
- Submission acceptance will be listed in University College Day schedule of events posted on the UCD website.
- Presentation instructions, time and location will be posted on the UCD website.
Submission Evaluation Criteria
- Ranking for submission consideration
- Student presentations
- Joint student/faculty presentations
- Faculty presentations
- Presentation adherence to theme will receive consideration
- Please note that the committee attempts to offer a program that covers the breadth of academic disciplines on campus, but submissions are reviewed independently for quality by four committee members.
- Submissions will be accepted on a space available basis.
- All time slots are 20 minutes in length. Please submit separately for each time slot request.
Blue + Gold = GREEN
This year, there is a special poster event for the Blue + Gold = GREEN Committee.
The Blue + Gold = GREEN Committee invites students to submit poster session proposals for UCD. Poster presentations that showcase innovative and practical methods for reducing waste, recycling, and participating in sustainability across the community, college campus, organization, business or other institutional settings are encouraged.
The committee will evaluate poster presentations for quality, originality, applicability and evidence of critical thinking. Students may select any faculty advisor they like, however please also select Dr. Trigg A. Even, Chairperson of the Blue + Gold = GREEN Committee as an additional advisor so that the proposals can be properly routed.