Understanding Your Child's Award

Financial aid comes in many forms, but they all do the same thing: help your family pay for college. Your child's personal financial aid package makes it easy to see how affordable Texas Wesleyan can be.

Your Awards

Your child can accept (or reject) their loans online. All they have to do is go to their Ramlink account and look under the Financial Aid section.

There they can choose financial aid status by term and review their awards. They can accept or reject all of them at once or make a selection on individual awards.


Texas Wesleyan offers institutional scholarships, which means free money for your child's education. The funds do not need to be repaid.

Your child will have to meet the scholarship requirements, like maintaining a certain grade point average. Any scholarships will already be marked as accepted in your child's Ramlink account.


If your child receives grant funding, that money doesn’t need to be repaid. Again, they may need to meet certain requirements, such as event participation or a minimum grade point average.

Any grants will be marked as accepted in your child's Ramlink account.

Grants are like scholarships, but a little different. Learn about the difference between a scholarship and a grant.

Work Study

Students who have work-study awards have the opportunity to work on campus, but your child has to be quick to get this kind of aid.

Students only have 30 days from the start of classes to secure a job. After that, work study funds will be removed for this academic year.


If your child accepts a student loan, the money will need to be repaid after college. Before your child can receive funds from a federal loan, they will need to sign a Master Promissory Note (which says they will repay the loan) and complete Entrance Loan Counseling (which offers useful budget tips and helps your child understand their financial responsibilities.)

Veteran's Benefits

The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs offers education benefits to help you or your dependents pursue an education. To see if you are eligible to transfer your benefits to your child, visit www.gbill.va.gov.

Contact Us
Office of Financial Aid

Phone: 817-531-4420
Fax: 817-531-4231

Office Hours

8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Contact Us:
1201 Wesleyan Street
Fort Worth, TX 76105

Get Social:
Go To: