Religion & Humanities
The classes are small, but the topics aren’t just big – they’re worldwide. When you study religion, you challenge your own perceptions about faith and belief through the study of the faiths and belief of others. Like we said, it’s big, and you may have to talk some of this stuff out. That’s called critical thinking, and that’s what we’re here for.
What are some potential careers?
- Pastoral Ministry
- Health Welfare Ministries
- Mission Organizations
- Allied Health
What courses would I take?
- Global Religion and Film
- Religion and Pop Culture
- The Buddha and His Teachings
- Great Religious Minds
- Wesleyan Heritage and History
What else can I do?
- Be active in the Methodist Church through internships and appointments
- Study abroad in places like India, Nepal, Turkey, Greece, Ireland and Scotland
- Interact with groups like the Islamic Association of Tarrant County and the Chinmaya Mission
- Participate in weekly chapel services
- Build relationships through the Methodist Student Society
Where are students now?
- Attending law schools like the Texas A&M School of Law
- Pursuing professional careers in churches across the country
- Attending graduate schools like the Perkins School of Theology at SMU