Are you ready for Orientation?
First Year Orientation is an awesome two-day experience that will prepare you for success as a Texas Wesleyan student. You’ll meet Orientation Leaders, faculty, and staff who are all dedicated to helping you succeed. You’ll also register for your first semester of classes at Wesleyan.
Whether you're living on or off campus, you're required to attend both orientation days, including the overnight stay in Stella Rusell Hall. The list below will make sure you have everything you need for a great experience.
The first step to a successful orientation experience is preparation. Here are few things to take care of before you attend orientation.
- Fill out your Enrollment Confirmation Form
- Pay your Enrollment Deposit
- Take your placement exams – they determine your class registration
- Apply for FAFSA and visit with Financial Aid
- Submit any dual enrollment transcripts, AP, CLEP, or IB scores to the Office of Admissions
- Submit proof of your bacterial meningitis vaccination
- Submit your final high school transcript to the Office of Admissions
*Music majors must audition prior to attending an orientation. Contact the music department at 817-531-4992 for more information about auditions.
What to pack for your overnight experience:
- Twin XL bed sheets (You'll also need these when you move on campus)
- Bath towels
- Athletic clothing and tennis shoes for outdoor sports and games
- Clothes for the next day
- Sweater or jacket (for cold classrooms)
- Shower supplies
- Flip flops or shower shoes
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Personal care items
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Glasses/contact care
- Phone & phone charger
- Alarm clock
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Your license plate number for your parking pass
*You’ll want to dress comfortably. There’s plenty of walking at orientation! You’ll also want to make sure you are picture ready for your photo ID.
Parents and families are invited to attend orientation too! They won't stay overnight with you, but on day two we have special sessions just for them. We can recommend hotels for parents and families traveling from outside of the area.
Already signed up for orientation, but need to sign up a family member or guest? Contact us at 817-531-4923.