Join us for the annual Alumni Reunion
Every year the University invites alumni to reconnect with fellow Rams and revisit their favorite Wesleyan memories. The 2018 Alumni Reunion is April 19-21.
All alumni are invited, but we honor those who are celebrating milestone anniversaries. This year's honored classes are 1948, 1958, 1968 (Golden Anniversary), 1978, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2008 and 2013.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, April 19
Martin University Center Groundbreaking Ceremony
- 4:30 p.m.
- We're breaking ground for the new 44,000 square-foot University Center
Friday, April 20
2nd Annual TXWES Ram Football Golf Tournament
- 12 p.m. – Canyon West Golf Course in Weatherford, TX
- Come support TXWES football while enjoying an afternoon of golf at this second annual tournament. For more information or to inquire about sponsorship and advertising opportunities, contact Sandy Stockton Caffee ’84 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register today at txwes.edu/FBGolfTournament
Alumni Reunion Dinner
- 6 p.m. reception, 7 p.m. dinner
- Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que at 301 Stockyards Blvd., Fort Worth
- Come to this Ramily reunion barbeque and enjoy a casual evening of good food and fun in the historic Fort Worth Stockyards.
- Hear from University President Fred Slabach and Alumni Board President Trista Allen ’98
- Receive awesome TXWES giveaways
Saturday, April 21
PLEASE NOTE: The Wesleyan 5K has moved and will be held during Homecoming in the fall. Save the Date for Nov. 3, 2018.
All-Alumni Breakfast: Honoring Alpha Chi & Golden Shears
- 8:30 a.m. - Lou’s Place
- All alumni are invited as we honor Alpha Chi and Golden Shears members and recognize the 50-year “Golden” anniversary class of 1968. Golden anniversary alumni are invited to this breakfast free of charge! University President Frederick G. Slabach will also give an update on the latest developments at Texas Wesleyan.
TXWES Sign Photo Opp
- Fill the "X" spot on the TXWES sign in front of the West Library and take a photo
Residence Hall Tours
- 10 a.m. - meet in front of Dora's Dining Hall
- Check out the lobbies, halls and rooms in all of the residence halls to see what has (or hasn't) changed
TXWES Scavenger Hunt
- 10-11 a.m.
- Pick up your first clue at the TXWES sign at the library
- The clues will lead you around campus to an awesome prize at the end
- 11 a.m. – Sid Richardson Gym
- Grab a partner and enter this year’s cornhole tournament. Anyone can play this fun and easy game. It’s only $5 to enter and the winners receive the cash pot.
- 12 p.m. – Sid Richardson Gym
- As the cornhole tournament wraps up, have fun rummaging through annuals and taking photos at your decade banner while enjoying Mexican food, margaritas and music.
- The decade with the most Rams there wins a prize so be sure to tell your classmates.
Rams Baseball Game
- 12 & 2 p.m. - doubleheader at Sycamore Park
- Verify the schedule at ramsports.net
Blue & Gold Football Scrimmage
- 2 p.m. - Farrington Field
- Come take a first look at your Rams Football Team in action at the spring game as they get ready for the upcoming football season.
TXWES Art Bash
- 5 p.m. - Bernice Coulter Templeton Art Studio (1415 E. Vaughn St.)
- View the original works of members of our very own TXWES family
- Interested in submitting a piece? Contact Kit Hall at (817) 531-4984 or email@example.com.
School of Education Reception
- 5:30 p.m. - Dan Waggoner Hall
- Visit with fellow graduates and Dr. Carlos Martinez, dean of the School of Education, as we celebrate graduates from the Master of Education Program at this annual reception.
School of Natural and Social Sciences Reception
- 5:30 p.m. – Lou’s Place
- Visit with the dean, Ricardo Rodriguez, Ph.D., faculty members and fellow alumni and hear about the latest program developments.
- This school includes Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, History, Mathematics, Paralegal Studies, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology. Appetizers and beverages provided.
64th Annual Musical Oklahoma!
- 7:30 p.m. – W.E. Scott Theatre (Fort Worth Community Arts Center, 1300 Gendy St.)
- Join us as Theatre Wesleyan celebrates the 75th Anniversary of one of the most beloved and innovative Broadway musicals of all-time, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Oklahoma!
- 9:30 p.m. – Fort Worth Community Arts Center (1300 Gendy St.)
- Hors d'oeuvres, wine, music and dancing
sponsored by Charles Duke ’53 and Joe Don Conger and Ann Burge ’54
- Meet the cast from Oklahoma!
Holiday Inn Express - located in Downtown Fort Worth at the corner of Lancaster and Henderson (1111 West Lancaster) - offers a special Texas Wesleyan rate of $120/night that includes free breakfast, parking and shuttle service Downtown. To make your reservations, call 866-551-9747 and mention Texas Wesleyan alumni group or group code TWU. If you have any problems, call 817-665-4225.
Hilton Garden Inn - located right off I-30 and Forest Park Blvd (912 Northon Street) - offers a special Texas Wesleyan rate of $140/night that includes complimentary WiFi, a 24-hour business center and fitness facility as well as an indoor pool. To make reservations, call 817-921-0788 and mention the Texas Wesleyan alumni group or group code of TEXWES.
Thanks to our 2018 Reunion Class Agents
1948- Johnnie Benson
1958- Edward & Larue (Harper) Barnes
1968- Barbara (Bedsworth) Boulware
1978- Patricia (Wilson) Groh
Steve & Diane (Miller) Pokluda
1988- Cynthia (Richardson) Calaluca
Melissa (Dunlap) Hunt
Philip & Jill (Berryman) Lisle
1993- Trina (Zamora) Bristol
Caroline Bruner Gary
1998- Caroline Leest Rose
Jennifer Nutt Sullivan
2008- Carrie Yovanovitch
2013- Mia Daniels
Paige (Jennings) Wilson
Selena (Stewart) Garcia