At Texas Wesleyan, our intentionally small campus has a Texas-sized reputation and a rich history.
HERRF Funding — Emergency Financial Report to Students as of June 30, 2021
- Texas Wesleyan University acknowledges that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certificate and Agreement and assures that the institution will use the applicable amount of funds designated under the HEERF (a)(1) program to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the HEERF (a)(1) program is $4,589,830.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under the HEERF (a)(1) program is $1,857,899.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution that are eligible to receive under the HEERF program was approximately 1400 for HEERF I and 1500 for HEERF II.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under HEERF (a)(1) program is 1283 (577 from HEERF I and 706 from HEERF II) as of June 30, 2021.
- The methods used to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants are as follows: Degree seeking FAFSA filers and enrolled as of the effective date of the fundin
- The institution provided instructions, directions or guidance to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants using a multiple pronged communication approach which included:
- Emails from the Office of Student Financial Services with an application
- Instructions on how to apply for funds, how to set up direct deposit for faster receipt of funds, and how to access the student’s account online to see if the awards had been posted, and a date for when the awards would be processed by.