Starting Monday, Aug. 15, the Wesleyan Flame newsletter will return to its regular Monday and Thursday morning delivery schedule.
The Flame is dedicated to delivering timely, informative news stories and University event reminders to faculty and staff.
How do I submit a news story or event?
News and events for the Flame are submitted through TerminalFour (T4), the University's content management system. If you're interested in contributing content on your department's website but don't have T4 access, contact Brenna Allison, digital content specialist, for upcoming training opportunities.
When is the deadline to submit news?
The deadline to submit news and events for the Flame is noon the business day prior:
- For Monday’s Flame - the deadline to submit a news story or event is Friday at noon.
- For Thursday’s Flame - the deadline to submit a news story or event is Wednesday at noon.
Important things to remember:
- To submit your news story or event to the Flame, check the box next to the "Flame" display option in T4.
- If you have a promotion schedule in mind or specific days you would like your story to run, contact Ann Davis.
- Remember, news stories run in the featured news section at the top of the newsletter or the "Campus Buzz" section and events run in the "Let's Go" section.
- A picture says a thousand words. Take a photo with your smartphone and add it to your news story or event.
- Headlines should be active, engaging and between 7-10 words
Why should I contribute?
When you post your department's news to your website you:
- Share important information about your work with the University community
- Alert the University's marketing team of your news and events, which can lead to further promotion through multiple internal and external media channels, including social media.
- Help drive traffic to the University's website by increasing our relevance to search engines like Google