We've updated our on-campus mask-wearing guidelines
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recently announced new guidelines on mask-wearing in the fight against COVID-19. With that in mind, we have updated our on-campus guidelines. Here's what you need to know:
- Regardless of vaccination status, individuals are expected to wear a mask in indoor public spaces. This includes classrooms, offices and meeting spaces.
- If you are in a private space, you are not required to wear a mask as long as you keep the door to that space closed.
- While indoors, masks are only permitted to be removed while actively eating or drinking.
- Individuals who are not vaccinated are required to wear a mask in all locations on campus.
- Student-athletes will have additional required protocols during practices and workouts.
- Please reach out to your coach for additional details.
The University urges everyone to get vaccinated. It is one of the best ways we can fight the virus.
Read more on our latest changes including the latest on-campus vaccine opportunity at txwes.edu/coronavirus.