We support faculty development by providing resources and professional growth opportunities to support teaching goals.
Welcome to our newest online resource, the Course Catalog, which curates our current workshops and institutes.
To simplify the process of connecting workshops to faculty needs and interests, our listings are arranged in topical categories. However, if you have further suggestions or questions concerning provided workshops, please contact the CETL or complete a workshop request form.
Faculty interested in collaborating with an instructional designer to plan, redesign, or review a class offering are invited to schedule a course design consultation with the CETL. At the end of the first consultation, faculty will leave with an action plan. Follow-up sessions will be scheduled as required. Consultations cover an array of course design components, including the following:
• Creating the Course Structure: Create or revise learning objectives; align assessments and activities to those objectives
• Evaluating Assessment Effectiveness: Create or redesign course assessments to improve measurement of student learning
• Clarifying the Course Syllabus: Refine syllabus content for clarity
• Review Course Activities: Apply evidence-based practices to course activities and presentation of materials to improve student retention and transfer of learning
• Translate Face-to-Face Course Materials to an Online/Hybrid Format: Adapt existing course content for a face-to-face class for an online or hybrid version of the course
• Improving Student Engagement: Focus on strategies for creating a student-focused learning environment
• Embracing BlackBoard: Organize and create course content, including assignments, in BlackBoard
If you would like help with course design, set up an appointment for an individual consultation with the CETL staff.
Contact the CETL to schedule today!
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) is committed to supporting new faculty. In addition to the many services available to all faculty, the CETL offers the following resources for new faculty.
Lunch Workshop Series
Sessions focusing on various teaching, learning and technology topics will be offered specifically for new faculty throughout each semester. Registration is required, and lunch is provided.
Blackboard Basics Training
A self-paced course in Blackboard to help you become familiar with using Blackboard in your course. New faculty are enrolled as students in the course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or more information.
CETL Book Library
The CETL's library contains several books on teaching and learning topics for faculty checkout. View the available books for checkout.
|2016||Summer Institute||Highlighting Faculty - Share Your Ideas|
|2017||Fall Kickoff||Equity and Excellence for all students: Metacognition is the Key|
|2018||Summer Institute||Resources and References|