MHMR Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
TXWES is partnering again with My Health My Resources of Tarrant county to bring the opportunity to become certified in providing Mental Health First Aid. All staff and faculty members are encouraged to attend.
These free courses come with a certification in Mental Health First Aid and a provided lunch to those who RSVP.
This is a two-day training, must attend both days to receive certification.
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect a person with help.
- Expanded contact on trauma, substance use and self-care.
When: Thursday Sept. 22 and Thursday Sept. 29
Time: 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Where: Lou’s Place
Last day to RSVP: Sept. 16