At Texas Wesleyan, student employment is both an excellent form of financial aid and terrific training for your professional career. University staff will work with you to match your interests with open positions while stressing the importance of putting your education first in all work.
1. Confirm with the Office of Financial Aid, 817-531-4420, if you have been awarded Federal Work-Study. Verify the amount of work-study you have been awarded. If you have not been awarded, verify if you qualify to receive work-study funds.
2. See the current student employment job opportunities listed below.
3. Complete a student employment application in the office of Human Resources.
4. Contact the hiring supervisor(s) by phone or in person to schedule an interview.
5. Bring a copy of your class schedule and work availability to the interview(s). Discuss position duties and responsibilities, work schedule, amount of work-study awarded (if applicable) and salary.
A student worker(a federal work study student) may work up to 20 hours/week during the regular academic year and up to 40 hours/week during the summer. Student assistants may work up to 20 hours/week during the regular academic year and up to 40 hours/week during the semester. International students may work only up to 20 hours/week while classes are in session and up to 40 hours/week during summer term and intersession breaks.
6. If a department hires you, immediately go to the Office of Human Resources, first floor of the Oneal-Sells Administration Building, to complete new employee paperwork and bring in I-9 documentation.
New employee documentation, including I-9 verification, must be completed within three (3) days of employment. Employment will be terminated if documentation is not completed.