| Position Type:
| Reports To:
||Varies per Residence Hall
| FLSA Status:
Click here for how to apply
- Attend all training workshops and scheduled staff meetings.
- Enforce all University and Housing policies and procedures.
- Report situations that may jeopardize the safety of the residence hall to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Keep assigned work area clean.
- Monitor all individuals entering a residence hall to ensure that only residents and their guests are permitted in the building.
- Maintain order and appropriate behavior in the lobby.
- Properly check out equipment and keep track of
- Arrive at least five minutes early to discuss instructions with the person you are relieving and to be briefed on shift change duties when the residence halls open.
- Never leave the desk unattended and stay at the desk until relieved of duties from the next scheduled Desk Assistant.
- Be accountable to any Housing staff member that makes reasonable requests of Desk Assistant.
- Respond appropriately to any job-related requests by residence hall staff, and complete duties as assigned.
Depending on the desk location, the Desk Assistant may be supervised by a Residence Hall Director or a senior Residence Assistant.
- Front desks are staffed by Desk Assistants from 12 noon until 12 midnight, seven days a week.
- Desk Assistants can work up to 15 hours per week. (This may be higher in the summer.)
- Availability to work early mornings, early evenings, late nights, and weekends is expected of all Desk Assistants.
- Desk Assistants should plan breaks and holidays in a manner which allows them to remain until the residence halls close for the holiday breaks and resume their duties when the residence halls reopen.
Qualifications (required skills & abilities):
A Desk Assistant must be a student at Texas Wesleyan University, have at least at a 2.00 cumulative GPA, be in good judicial standing, be able to effectively communicate with others, and be able to prepare legible, complete, and concise reports.
M-Su.: 12 a.m. - 12: p.m.
Maximum 15 hours per week.
Henry Crider - Stella Hall
Shelese Moaning - Elizabeth OC Hall
Sharon Manson - West Village