Texas Wesleyan University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges, Commission on Colleges. Accreditation was reaffirmed in 2013.
Program accreditation includes:
- AACSB International: The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- National Association of Schools of Music
- State Board for Educator Certification/Teacher Education Agency
- University Senate of the United Methodist
|What is SACS Reaffirmation?
||What is a Quality Enhancement Plan?
|Educational institutions periodically review their academic and administrative processes in order to improve the effectiveness of achieving their stated mission.
A QEP is a focused course of action for Wesleyan that addresses enhancing student learning and institutional effectiveness. The plan will complement Wesleyan’s ongoing academic planning and evaluation process.
Accreditation by SACSCOC signifies that the institution (1) has a mission appropriate to higher education, (2) has resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission and (3) maintains clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers, and that indicate whether it is successful in achieving its stated objectives. (The Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement, 2012 Edition)