Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra Experience is coming to Texas Wesleyan University this fall. Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing and collaboration tool designed specifically for education. It's easier than ever to lead virtual classes, office hours, advising, tutoring, mentoring sessions, departmental meetings and more.
Here is an overview of some of the tools that you can expect:
- Browser-based web conferencing: Browser-based web conferencing means simple start-up and convenient access with nothing to install—and more supported devices, including Chromebooks.
- High-quality audio and video: Engage learners with HD audio, video, and webcam support. You can display up to 5 HD videos at once, with dynamic adjustment for bandwidth/network constraints.
- Simple, fast file sharing: Share content with drag-and-drop ease. PowerPoint and PDF files can be shared without additional software. Supports real-time annotation and text entry.
- Recordings: You can record your sessions in MP4 format and it will include audio, content shared, active speaker video, and one of the caption tracks entered during the live session. Participants can stream shared recordings from any device and can view the recordings as often as they would like.
- Breakout Groups: Choose to randomly assign groups in your class or custom select your groups. You can even let your students create their own groups. Experience a face-to-face collaborative environment while in breakout groups with the ability to share files and whiteboard together.
- Polling: Interact with your students and get real-time feedback with polling. You can set up a poll where participants can choose either yes or no as their answer or you can use multiple choice questions offering up to five answer choices.
- Attendance Reporting: Track when participants have joined your session and when they left the session. This attendance report gives you an idea of how long participants were present in your session. You can leverage this knowledge to follow up with students who may need extra help or review.
Resources to Help
To ensure you can familiarize yourself with these new features of Blackboard Collaborate and be ready to integrate them in your instruction. Here are a few valuable resources that you may be interested in reviewing which are offered by Blackboard:
For any other questions regarding this or other Information Technology (IT) services, please contact the Service Desk.
817-531-4428 opt. 1
For more information on training, contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).