Six Texas Wesleyan professors received Sam Taylor Fellowship Awards from the General Board of Higher Education & Ministry.
- Kimberly Webb, professor of accounting: $2,000
- Dr. Newton Hilliard, chair and associate professor of biochemistry: $1,950
- Dr. Bruce Benz, professor of biology: $1,920
- Dr. Whitney Myers, assistant professor of English: $2,000
- Dr. Edita Ruzgyte, LPC: $2,000
- Dr. Rodney Erakovich, assistant professor of management: $2,000
The will of Sam Taylor set aside income from a portion of his estate to fund continuing education and development of faculty members at United Methodist-related colleges and universities in Texas. Texas Wesleyan awards totaled nearly $12,000.