Don’t miss the Martin University Center foundation signing event Jan. 22
Students, faculty, staff, alumni and university friends are invited to “leave their mark” on the Nick & Lou Martin University Center during a special event from 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 22.
Participants will get the chance to write their name and messages for the future on the foundation of the building.
Participants will also enjoy a free hot chocolate and coffee bar sponsored by Student Affairs.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Meet at the Canafax Clocktower and circle entryway at 12:15 p.m.
- After a short welcome, the construction fence will open, and participants will be allowed in to the building from the main entrance. Guests will be supplied with markers to write words of wisdom, blessings and well-wishes for the future on the foundation of the new student center.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed shoes.
- The pathway to the building will be a temporary, gravel walkway.
- Bring your mobile devices and cameras!
- This is a one-time-only opportunity to leave your mark on the foundation of the most significant capital project at Texas Wesleyan in a century. The foundation will eventually be covered with flooring, so be sure to take a picture of your message and share it with your friends and family using #TXWESVision.
- Plan your message in advance.
- Generations of Rams to come will call the student center their home. What words of wisdom do you have for these students? Sign your name, draw a picture, write a poem, share a Bible verse or tell your favorite Smaller. Smarter. story. Plan your message in advance or wing it, but remember, we only have one hour!
- Say cheese!
- The university will be taking photos and videos of the event and messages, so even while the foundation is covered, future Rams and visitors can read your comments.
The Nick & Lou Martin University Center – The Heart of Campus
The Nick & Lou Martin University Center will be a centrally-located hub for student life and engagement in the heart of campus, and provide meeting space for east Fort Worth community leaders and friends. Located between the Eunice and James L. West Library and Canafax Clock Tower, the Martin University Center will be approximately 44,000-square-feet and two stories tall. It will include a new student and family welcome center, food court, ballroom that can accommodate 300, bookstore and convenience store, spaces for student organizations and student life offices, lounge areas, meeting rooms and additional office space.