Join the Legacy
Orientation Leaders (OLs) are highly motivated students who are committed to supporting new students and their families through the new student orientation process. Orientation Leaders:
- Welcome new students and their families to the Texas Wesleyan Community.
- Assist new students and their families with making connections with students, faculty and staff.
- Help new students learn the dos and don’ts of a successful college experience.
- Create a fun and engaging environment for students and their families.
There are three types of orientation leaders:
- Head Orienation Leaders
- Parent and Family Orientation Leaders
- Orientation Leaders
Texas Wesleyan Orientation Leaders must:
- Have a minimum 2.75 GPA (cumulative)
- Be in good academic standing
- Have 24 earned credit hours at the end of the Spring 2017 semester
- Be able to attend all training and orientation dates
- Be a role model and mentor for new students
Orientation Leader Benefits
- Free Wesleyan gear
- Lifelong friendships and connections
- Leadership, networking, and team building skills
- Free housing during the summer
- Opportunity to earn a small stipend