Ram Camp focuses on helping students make connections to other new students, student leaders and campus resources. It is a new student's first opportunity to really get a feel for life here at Texas Wesleyan and it begins to show them all of the amazing things that we have to offer.
Student Life is searching for Ram Camp Leaders. These Leaders will work closely with the Ram Camp Directors to ensure the vision of Ram Camp is upheld.
The Ram Camp Leader will be responsible for leading a small group of 10-12 first-year students (with a co-leader) at Ram Camp 2014 to help establish friendships, teach Texas Wesleyan University traditions, help first-year students explore their identity and to develop a sense of purpose as a Texas Wesleyan University Ram.
As a Ram Camp Leader your responsibilities are as followed but not limited to:
- Uphold the values of Ram Camp and Texas Wesleyan University
- Attend one, 1-hour mandatory staff meeting: April 22, 2014
- Specific summer 2014 responsibilities include:
- Attend and participate in Ram Camp training: August 2014 (tentative Dates August 14-15)
- Assist the Texas Wesleyan University Professional Staff and Ram Camp Director Board in organizing and preparing program logistics and development for Ram Camp.
- Work remotely one hour a week with (co-leader) to develop team history, cheer and chant over the course of the summer,
- Facilitate icebreaker activities with first-year students throughout the Ram Camp experience to promote community building.
- Assist with setup, decoration and logistical needs Ram Camp.
- Assist in the facilitation and processing of all Ram Camp small and large group activities
- Follow the Ram Camp Risk Management policies and report any incident to your immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who can apply?
- Must be a full-time student graduating in December 2014 or later.
- Must be a Texas Wesleyan University student with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 at time of application, maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 throughout period of service and also maintain good disciplinary standing according to university policy.
- Must be available for ALL Ram Camp Leader time and date commitments, including all training times.
- February 24 – March 7 – Applications due (fill out the application and submit online.)
- February 24 – March 7 – upon completing application signup for an interview in the Student Project Center
- March 17 – 21 - Interviews
- March 24 – Selection
- March 26 – Applicants will be notified