Upward Bound Math & Science
What is Upward Bound Math and Science?
Upward Bound Math and Science (UBMS) is a college preparatory program for high school students funded by the U.S. Department of Education and sponsored locally by Texas Wesleyan University. UBMS is designed to strengthen the math and science skills of eligible high school students to excel academically and pursue postsecondary degrees in math and science.
What Does Upward Bound Math and Science Provide?
Academic Preparation for College:
- College preparatory courses in math and science
- After-school tutorials and test preparation seminars
- Six-week summer session at Texas Wesleyan University
Educational and Career Planning:
- Academic advising
- College and career exploration
- College and career field trips
College and Financial Aid Information:
- Individual assistance with college admissions applications
- Individual assistance with scholarship and financial aid applications/information
- Individual assistance with PSAT, SAT/ACT registration applications and fee waivers